Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Introduction

A copy of Google for Dummies from the public library has facilitated the start of this blog. After a year or so of thinking about doing it, a chapter in the Dummies book showed how easy it is to start a blog through Google.

I have not been a blog reader, other than to read portions of blogs I have been led to by Google searches. Except for a brief try at a garden journal a couple years back, I have not written a journal for almost forty years. In the last few years I have been posting regularly to a private Internet family forum, and some of those postings have been the type I envision placing here.

I am not including biographical material, since this is a publicly accessible blog and I am concerned about my privacy, though I expect the first readers, and maybe the only readers, will be people who already know me.

For any readers not that familiar with me, you can expect to find here thoughts and ideas that may be described by some people with adjectives like these [excluding expletives by those who would strongly disagree with me]: opinionated, liberal, secular, Democrat, progressive, tolerant, humanitarian, civil libertarian.

Blog writing, especially for possible public consumption, is new to me and I know I have much to learn about it, but I am ready to begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home