Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Commerce Secretary Evans Resigns!

Who Cares?

Well, you are reading this, so maybe you do. But seriously, what is the job of the Commerce Secretary and what did Secretary Evans do in the job? I am somewhat of a news junkie, and I cannot recall anything about Evans being in the news as Commerce Secretary. I know he is a Texas crony of George.

Sounds like Evans is so bored that he wants to go back to Texas - which is not where I would go to overcome my boredoom. I did spend four months in San Antonio and Amarillo, Texas in 1966, with my board and room paid for by the US Air Force. I also had ancestral grandparents that moved to Paris, Texas during the Civil War and lived there into the 20th Century. If I were to go to Texas, I would probably go to Paris, but I would rather go to the real Paris - actually I did go there in 1969.

Why am I talking about me? Because even I am more interesting than Don Evans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home