Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sense Report Card

Three months ago I posted a list of ten revisions being considered for this blog, and now I am reporting on their status.

These three have been accomplished: making the index a side link; dropping the posting of a recent comments list; and including more links in my posts.

I have failed completely to include pictures and graphics on the blog itself and to include a weekly posting on a lighter vein. The search box at the top of the page also seems to be a failure, but that is Google’s misfire, not mine.

Two revisions have received mixed treatment. Though I have not reported on all my current book readings, I have mentioned a few in postings. Inviting reader feedback through a weekly question was done for a while, but after some initially interesting responses, later questions went unanswered, and the questions have been omitted for the last few weeks.

Limiting the number of daily posts and the length of posts has not been as significant a concern lately because the overall number of my posts has diminished. The visit counter at the bottom of the page shows visits are being made, but comments have been few and far between. The reduced number of comments could be an excuse for my lack of postings, but in fact I think my postings and your comments are all suffering from the competition of other summer activities.

I’ll try to overcome my inertia by writing some shorter pieces on various topics, maybe including some occasional lighter ones, and depending on how I do and on what happens in the way of comments, I may try to resurrect the questions for readers somewhere down the line.

As always, your feedback is encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home