Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Good News of 2004

Daughter Anna remarked to me that my 2004 list was all bad news. Fact is, I did not find any good news for the US in 2004. I suppose I could dig and find some for a list, but they would not be of equal magnitude to the bad news. In the governmental and political area on which I am focusing now, the rise of Howard Dean and his popular appeal to new voters using the Internet was encouraging, but look how the election turned out. There are "feel good" sports stories, but for every curse ending Red Sox team there are crushed losers on the other side, and any appreciation I had for what the Sox accomplished was hugely deflated by Curt Schilling using his fame to plug Bush.

Technology is one area where new developments have been put to some worthwhile uses, both here and abroad. And there have been some good things going on elsewhere in the world, in spite of the US. On the personal front, my life has not been a reflection of the bad news our country experienced in 2004, and I am grateful for that.

In 2005 I will be tracking the concerns I expressed in this blog. Good news will be any that shows the country heading back toward the right course after being hijacked by Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home