Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks for Obama


This Thanksgiving we can add the election of Barack Obama to our list of items for which we give thanks. Two years ago on Sense I wrote my view of a vision for what would be "The Best Thanksgiving Ever". With Bush in the White House, nothing has been done by our country to move in the direction of my vision. At Thanksgiving dinner George Bush would have totally disagreed with every hope I expressed. This Thanksgiving, I think President-elect Obama would be in complete agreement with the views I expressed and for that wonderful change I am truly grateful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only political event I am thankful for is that George W Bush will be leaving the Presidency in two short months. I am especially thankful he is leaving in the full disgrace that he deserves.

Given the economy and the wars and the residual hostile feelings of many people inside and outside of the US about our government, there seems to be little else in the political world to be thankful for.

Tom, your statement of thanks for Obama seems to me to be a wish or maybe even a prayer that Obama will make things better. Only time will tell.

It is far too early to express thanks for an Obama Presidency. Let's first express our joy at seeing the end of the worst administration since I don't know when - maybe Andrew Jackson?
John from Phoenix

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home