Sense from Seattle

Common sense thoughts on life and current affairs by a Seattle area sexagenarian, drawing on personal experience, years of learning as a counselor to thousands of families and an innate passion for informed knowledge, to uniquely express sensible, thoughtful, honest and independent views.

Friday, October 28, 2005

One Year of Sense


One year ago today, Sense from Seattle hit the Net. The Introduction to this blog was fairly generic and I think has turned out to be an adequate description of what has been published in this last year. The Topical Index, available by link on the left sidebar, shows a diversity of coverage, but by far the greatest attention has been paid to the Bush Administration's failings.

In July, I published a Sense Report Card, which I have just reviewed. The only recommendation I followed faithfully from that report was to add pictures to the postings. Shorter, more frequent postings, including some in a lighter vein and maybe new questions for readers are tasks which have eluded me, but which I will reconsider.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
Time flies when you're having fun is a cliche but still true. I have enjoyed the year of Sense, and look forward to more. I appreciate the research you do, because I don't have the time, or, more likely, I'm too lazy.

Keep it up. Times are getting more and more interesting. Bush's lame duck session has already started. The Democrats are still close to death. What will replace an incompetent and corrupt Republican administration and a toothless Democratic Party opposition? I look forward to your prophecies and analysis.
John from Phoenix

7:17 PM  
Blogger Tom Blake said...

I'll be working to answer your question, John. Thanks for your comments during the year. They have been thoughtfully helpful.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Sense.

I'd like to thank you as well for putting in all of the work it takes to keep a blog like this up and running.

For me, Sense provides insight into some of the details of what is going on in the US, and what people are debating.

Believe it or not, the happenings of the US are not the main stories in many international publications and broadcasts, so Sense fills that void.

Also, after 28 years of listening to it, I'm pretty familiar with the advice/opinions being aired.

I know a few people at my office read Sense on occasion, and not all are Americans.

So, one year on, you've already built an international following.

Congrats,

Chris

10:27 PM  
Blogger Tom Blake said...

Thanks for continuing to listen, Chris. I take the fact that my children are still willing to listen to what I say as a compliment to our relationship. The basics of what I have been saying through the years has not changed much. As you point out, application of my views to the details of current events is always in evolution - er, make that always intelligently designed.

Since I do have a bit of international readership, I'll try to keep that in mind and step back once in a while to see how the US seems to be looking to the rest of the world.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home